– The 2018 Lucky Duck Dash (“Event”) is presented by the Mishawaka Lions Club, Inc., a non-profit service club (“Presenter”).
– Adoption papers (“Entries”) must be completed in their entirety by individuals at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of the entry (“Entrant”) and delivered to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter or online by 12:00 pm Noon, Eastern Daylight Time, June 30th, 2018 to be eligible for prizes. Entries received after 12:00 pm Noon, Eastern Daylight Time, June 30th, 2018 will be ineligible for prizes. If Entries are available on race day and the maximum number of available Entries is not met, they may be purchased up until 3:00 pm Noon, EDT. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of Entries to the Presenter or to an authorized representative of Presenter.
– Participation in the Event constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and decisions of the Presenter, which are FINAL AND BINDING in all respects. OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
– Ducks will be launched into the St. Joseph River at the walking bridge between Central Park and the Mishawaka Police Department building at approximately 4:00 pm EDT on June 30th, 2018. Presenter will establish the course for the race. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 5,000 ducks will be entered into the race.
– A number will be affixed to each duck relating to the number on the official Entry. Multiple duck entries on one Entry will be assigned a separate duck number for identification. The person whose name appears on the Entry that matches a winning duck will be awarded the corresponding prize in order of finish (“Winner”). Positive identification will be required to claim a prize. Excess ducks (not adopted) will be launched into the race. If excess ducks are launched into the race and the first duck to cross the finish line is an excess duck, the first prize will be awarded to the adoptive parents of the first adopted duck to cross the finish line thereafter. The remaining prizes will likewise be awarded in similar fashion to the adoptive parents of the adopted ducks crossing the finish line.
– All ducks entered into the Event will be provided by Presenter and will remain the property of Presenter. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any ducks is permitted unless deemed necessary by Presenter.
– The Event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
– Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Appropriate tax forms must be completed in full by the Winner(s) prior to the receipt of a prize. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes.
– By participating, Entrants release Presenter and its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, sponsors and all Presenter related entities from any and all liability with respect to all prizes.
– Entrants voluntarily assume all risks and danger of bodily injury, damage to personal property and all other hazards arising from or related in any way to the Event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the Event, whether on Event site or in surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of Presenter, its directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, Presenter related entities, sponsors, the City of Mishawaka and agrees to release Presenter, Mishawaka Lions Club, Inc., and their respective directors, officers, committee members, managers, employees, volunteers, sponsors and the City of Mishawaka from any claims or liabilities arising from the Event.
– Prizes will be awarded “as is.” Presenter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prizes of comparable value. No Winner will receive more than one (1) prize.
– In case of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances that prevent the launch of the ducks, prizes will be presented through a random drawing.
– Employees of Presenter are not eligible to win prizes.
– By entering, Entrants consent to the promotional use of their names, contact information, and likenesses without notification, approval or additional compensation.
– All decisions and interpretations of rules, regulations and final determination of Winners shall be made by Presenter and its judgement is final.